When we started our business less than 15% of the parts we manufactured were assemblies, today over 87% of what we make has at least two components or more.
Customers appreciate that with Tier ONE assemblies:
- There are fewer parts to manage
- Improved cash flow seeing all parts arrive at the same time (no assembly time, correct quantities, no excess components)
- Less items in incoming inspection
- Improved quality – parts are tested at our facility
- Single company responsible – single source means no need to manage quality/design issues and determine fault
Tier ONE can test your assemblies at all levels:
- We do standard dimensional and functional testing
- We also can do full operational testing
- We are certified by many of our customers to do all testing and provide a finished assembly to their warehouse and ready for shipment to their end users
Going to assemblies changed our packaging requirements:
- We can provide packaging that is Kanban driven
- Or packaging that goes directly to the end user
Tier ONE has worked with customers to significantly improve the overall packaging approach and consequently reduced cost.